Acer platanoides: Norway maple
- Growth form: deciduous tree with a broad, rounded crown reaching heights of 28 m.
- Leaf: dark green above and pale below, opposite, simple, palmately lobed with 5-7 lobes with long, pointed teeth.
- Flowers: bright yellow-green appearing in early spring before the leaves
- Fruit: widely divergent 2-winged samaras, 3-5 cm long in clusters with relatively flat seed cavity.
For more information on Norway maple plant identification, please visit:
- Global Invasive Species Database
- USDA Forest Service
- National Park Service
- Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences
For more information on Norway maple best management practices, please visit: