New York - New Jersey Trail Conference Invasive Strike Force
Started in 2011, the Invasive Strike Force (ISF) is a project born out of the ideas, learning, and experiences of a project between the Trail Conference and Rutgers University.
The goals of the ISF include:
- Collecting information about what invasive plants exist and how abundant they are along our trails
- Using that information to identify areas where the removal of invasive species will allow us to prevent them from spreading into un-invaded communities
- Scheduling tral crew work at those target locations and working to prevent and reverse the invasion along our trails
Become an ISF volunteer:
- Attend a 1-day training to learn how to identify 14 common invasive plants, how to collect data and how to use a GPS
- You will be assigned a trail section (~2 miles long)
- Walk the trail while identifying and mapping these invaisve plants.
For more information, visit the NY-NJ Trail Conference website.